Hey All. I actually like John McCain. Or the John McCain that he USED to be
* Changed his policy on Immigration
* Changed his policy on no negative campaigning
* Changed his policy on NOT making the BUSH tax cut permanent.
* Changed his morals to win the republican nomination.
* Gave up his moral standing (by nominating an empty Dress and Bra for Vice President)
The man he WAS stood for a lot. The man pretending to be John McCain on the campaign trail
is but a shell of the MAN that he was.
*WHY did McCain Fire his advisers, and hire all the republican advisors that do NEGATIVE campaigns? WHAT happened to his ethics?
*Why did McCain decide NOT to nominate a qualified candidate, and make this a NON-partisan race for the white house (by nominating Joe Lieberman for VP?)
I really don't understand how someone can look at the moral gaffes that McCain has made in this campaign, and still say he will be better then Obama.
In my mind, the only two arguments that come up, are from former Hillary supporters who say
He isn't tested. He isn't experienced enough.
or from someone
who just can't openly admit that they are still bigoted, and can't vote for a black for president.
7 days and counting.
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* We're HEADING into a DEPRESSION.
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* The current failures only bring us 25% into the problem!!
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.