Give me a break.
I (as a white american) think the question of Obama immediately changing our country to
favor blacks, is really quite chilling.
I've spent almost 45 years trying to live down my parent and grandparents views of black relations. (The yiddish word schvatze [prounounced sch-vaart-che], literally meaning 'black')
was not really used as a nice word in their generation.
It's taken almost 40-50 years for this to go away. I'm grateful it has.
A black president? My first question is NOT , as they may have said, "A schvatze?", but instead "is he qualified?"
I'm really happy it's come this far.
Now. Is John McCain Qualified?
John McCain on economics: "I know nothing about economics"
Barak Obama on economics: Here are some ideas to get us OUT of this economics mess.
John McCain on government regulation: CUT, CUT, remove all regulations. (typical republican!)
Barak Obama? : Regulate, regulate, regulate.
Which do YOU think is more important???
oh, and don't forget: John McCain's economic advisor is Former Senator Phil Gramm, the SAME guy who singlehandedly INSERTED a last minute (11:59PM) paragraph DEREGULATING ENRON (and the entire financial marketplace) literally 10 minutes before he retired from the senate, and told NO-BODY he did this!!!!
It's been documented, and PROVEN this is the cause of this fall's financial crisis, since these financial instruments were UNREGULATED by this provision, and caused the problem.
I say Wall Street's greed was caused by UNDER-regulation.
back to original topic:
Will Obama order all Whites to walk in the gutters?
Will Obama have Jesse Jackson as the Secretary of State?
Will Obama force all whites to become slaves??
I don't think so....
More another day...
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* We're HEADING into a DEPRESSION.
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* The current failures only bring us 25% into the problem!!
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.