hMM. A few months ago I mentioned I was starting to log news articles about the great depression, and that the incidents of citations was rising very much.
Well today, NPR had an interesting story, talking about Franklin Delano Roosevelt, on the campaign trail offering voters solutions to the Great Depression.
Very interesting, and VERY Pertinent to what I keep saying... (We're ALREADY in a F#&#king Depression people!)
and that FDR didn't exactly keep HIS campaign promise to CUT taxes and GOVERNMENT either
Listen to the Whole 8 minutes here: Here's the link to the story
What I get from this is:
The depression had people THINKING about how to get the country OUT of it.
That's what I've been hoping people will see, and start to read (and talk about) when they read my blogs.
If you read this, please comment, even anonymously! thanks in advance
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* We're HEADING into a DEPRESSION.
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* The current failures only bring us 25% into the problem!!
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.