I just don't get it.
Circuit City just announced they were closing (20% ??) of their stores by 12/31/07
so Why are they opening a new store in New Jersey (on route 22, in Bound Brook)?
I just don't get it. Just take the loss on the lease, don't hire anyone, and turn place back to the landlord...
It makes sense to ME at least!
And another thing...
Does ANYONE now doubt we're ENTERING a recession??
Remember this. When the FIRST world war happened, it WASN't called World War I
It was called the GREAT war. (until the Second world war).
ANd just like that, the GREAT depression WAS NOT called the GREAT depression when it happened. IT started to be called that AFTER it was ending...
So everyone who says we're NOT in a depression???? Get real... This is it...
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* We're HEADING into a DEPRESSION.
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* The current failures only bring us 25% into the problem!!
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.