Sunday, September 04, 2011

Shout-out/shameout... netflix

As you sow so shall you reap.

"According to their way I will do to them, and according to
       their own judgments I will judge them; and they shall know
       that I am the LORD." (Ezekiel 7:27b)
 
Well.  (to quote the church lady from Saturday Night Live)... Isn't this nice?
NETFLIX raises prices, and screws it's subscribers with an unjustified and unconscionable 
rate hike  
And Thursday Night the Starz TV network just Screwed Netflix, by saying "Sayanora Netflix"
Come January 2012.
Well I for one, think this is the just deserts for Netflix.
I have been a member since the pre-streaming days.  I just gave up my CD/mailbox version
and will now be ready to also destroy my streaming membership on 12/31.
Netflix has hit the "microsoft" syndrome of the late 1980's and early 1990's.  NOT listening
to it's customers and doing what IT wanted, ignoring the market.
HA HA HA HA HA...
and if Netflix really really wanted to listen to its customers,
here are a few things they could have done to keep down costs:
1) limit streaming to 3 devices at once.
2) limit streaming to the SAME geographic area (via IP analysis.)
3) implement a 'grandfathered' membership.  those with previously existing accounts would 
not be charged the rate increase.
4) Be willing to negotiate in good faith with suppliers.
As it is, I predict that Netflix will no longer be a viable company as of the beginning of 
next year
 
 

No comments: