EXCUSE ME while I whine.(shamelessly stolen from my OTHER blog posted on 7/9/09 HERE )
It's MY blog, and I'll Whine if I want to. (repeat 3 times)...
End of Quoted song..
Here is the problem.
SIX TIMES in SIXTY Years, HEALTH care
BY the REPUBLICAN PARTY. YES, the REPUBLICAN party of this country.
THIS time there is NO MORE Harry And Louise against Health Care.
So what are they doing? FAKE activists complaining to congressmen's hearings.
Now it's time to tell ALL THE REPUBLICANS in the CONGRESS
NO MORE BELLYACHING... We want healthcare reform
Let me tell YOU!
If I see that WOMAN at the Scotch Plains, NJ Post Office one more TIME, I will PERSONALLY pull out a SIGN saying:
"STUPID Republicans KILLED Health Care SIX times in SIXTY Years"
"Wanna try again? or FINALLY get health CARE"
AND hold it up NEXT TO HER!!!!
(and I will have someone take a picture of it...)
JUST KILL The REPUBLIAN Bullshit.
Bring back the Equal TIME policy
IT's time to put people like RUSH Limbaugh back where they belong...
Leading the Republican party...
HERE's my analysis of this.
The 'pubs know that they DONT have a majority in congress.
They are praying that the vocal minority (as opposed to the MORAL majority)
can blow away health care, so that President Obama can be embarrassed.
In reality, what's happening is that there is YET ANOTHER loophole in the campaign contribution laws.
Large companies (such as Insurance companies, or drug companies), can fund (without ANY limits or requirements to PUBLISH what and how much it pays for this) ANY non-campaign type organization that they want.
They can (for example) give ONE million dollars to me, to so an example: )I can pay 1,000 of my friends $1,000 each) to join me at 100 different locations this summer.
SO, lets presume, myself and my 9 buddies show up at Senator X's Town hall meeting which is to discuss health care.
Now, we don't sit all together, but we sit in 5 different locations, 2 each (like couples).
AND we start screaming. NO new health care now.... NO changes ...
If you DIDN'T know better you'd think that there was a HUGE backlash against a
health care bill.
Instead of just seeing that there are 10 big mouth PAID "Agent Provocateurs"
who are just doing the will of these LARGE companies.
We need to ACTIVELY combat this. It is impossible. We CANNOT let HEALTH CARE slip away AGAIN!!!
support Health care for ALL. (KILL A REPUBLICAN today!!!) (just kidding, please no violence, just tape all their mouths closed.!)
In reality we need (what I proposed here : in my top ten list:
SINGLE payer Health care, phased in over 5-20 years, starting with EXACTLY what we have today, private companies, that will start to enroll the uninsured, at the government expense.
THIS is doable.
Please comment here...
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* I call this Depression 2.0
* The current failures only bring us 25% into the problem!!
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.