... the language lately on air has grown particularly fierce and apocalyptic:
President Obama called a dictator and sympathizer with terrorists.
(and...) His policies called :
Americans called to rise up in revolt. All this while the economy tanks and gun sales surge.
I'm writing this in response to a reader who essentially fed me what I call the republican party line.
That is (and remember this is MY blog, but I welcome fair and appropriate comments)
the person who wrote to me said:
"Barack Obama is going to destroy this country"
"Barack Obama is going to support the Palestinians"
"Barack Obama is going to make this a Socialist Country"
and about 50 other similar epithets.
And I said,
Well, for starters lets work on respect.
Yes, I protested the (what I thought was illegal) election of George W. Bush in 2000.
However, when I complained about him (example HERE in July 0f 2007) I
But I did not say our country was going to become a dictatorship.
Although I did complain that our Constitution was being shot full of holes...
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* I call this Depression 2.0
* The current failures only bring us 25% into the problem!!
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.