Monday, September 15, 2008

Shout-Out: Goodbye Lehman Brothers, Goodbye US.Economy

Now, I'm not a rich person. (Even though I do know that a childhood friend is a multi-billionaire, I've never called him in adult-hood, for fear of being a "leech")

I was astounded to notice that I missed the headline when I went to bed last night saying, Bank of America bought MERRILL LYNCH.

They were SUPPOSED to buy Lehman Brothers.

The SKY is falling. The Sky is Falling.

I did say we were in for a DEPRESSION, DIDN'T I???

I did SAY the "mortgage" crisis was ONLY the TIP of the ICEBERG, DIDN't I?

Stock tip:

By the way, if you own WAMU stock, sell it at whatever loss that you can, or BETTER YET, SELL SHORT.

I'd say that it will be acquired this week, or closed/brokered by the FEDS.

GOODBYE and good Riddance. I liked them a few years ago when they chose to make a stand and open their ATM network for FREE to all users,
ANd then they undid themselves and reversed their position.

No way, WAMU... GOODBYE.

Back to Chicken Little:

I did say.. (I need to research through my almost 600 posts in the past three years...)

* THAT we are headed for a HUGE DEPRESSION when our economic system TANKS.

* THat we're gonna have unemployment that we can't even IMAGINE today.
* That it's gonna take A NEW deal (again) to get the country OUT of this.

See the lovely post UNDER the bar... There is an 11 point program that will GET US OUT of this (and I've been telling people this for almost 2 years now... but I have zero readership!!!so what good does it do??)



+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.

The background I believe that:
* We're HEADING into a DEPRESSION.
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...

But....
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!

Here's what I came up with:

We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
1 Create A Living Wage
2 Create a National Single payer Healthcare
3 Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
4 Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
5 Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
6 Lobbying (Political Reform)
7 Education
8 Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
9 Lack of Training/futures
10 Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
11 A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE

See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.

No comments: