Saturday, March 31, 2007

Politics: First BUSH insider TURNS REBEL

I'm PUMPED



Headline in TODAY's (NY) Times:

Ex-Aide Details a Loss of Faith in the President


In a wide-ranging interview here, Mr. Dowd called for a withdrawal from Iraq and expressed his disappointment in Mr. Bush’s leadership.

Looking back, Mr. Dowd now says his faith in Mr. Bush was misplaced.

Mr. Bush still approached governing with a “my way or the highway” mentality reinforced by a shrinking circle of trusted aides.

I really like him, which is probably why I’m so disappointed in things,” he said. He added, “I think he’s become more, in my view, secluded and bubbled in.”

In speaking out, Mr. Dowd became the first member of Mr. Bush’s inner circle to break so publicly with him.


Mr. Bush still approached governing with a “my way or the highway” mentality reinforced by a shrinking circle of trusted aides.

“I really like him, which is probably why I’m so disappointed in things,” he said. He added, “I think he’s become more, in my view, secluded and bubbled in.”

In speaking out, Mr. Dowd became the first member of Mr. Bush’s inner circle to break so publicly with him.

WAY TO GO GEORGE! FIRST BLOOD!!! GO GO VAMPIRE BLOOD!!

Dowd Continues:
I’m a big believer that in part what we’re called to do ...snip... other people call it karma — is to restore balance when things didn’t turn out the way they should have, Mr. Dowd said.

Just being quiet is not an option when I was so publicly advocating HIS election.


He goes on to say:
“We should design campaigns that appeal not to 51 percent of the people,” he said, “but bring the country together as a whole.”
(that) the president’s announcement last fall that he was re-nominating the former United Nations ambassador John R. Bolton, whose confirmation Democrats had already refused, was further proof to him that Mr. Bush was not seeking consensus with Democrats.

that he came to believe Mr. Bush’s views were hardening , with the reinforcement of his inner circle. But, he said, the person “who is ultimately responsible is the president.”

He gradually ventured out with criticism, going so far as declaring last month in a short essay in Texas Monthly magazine that Mr. Bush was losing “his gut-level bond with the American people,

If the American public says they’re done with something, our leaders have to understand what they want, Mr. Dowd said. They’re saying, ‘Get out of Iraq.’


Wow... Can we dream that George really knows how to read and gets the hint?


Go read the ENTIRE INTERVIEW/ARTICLE HERE

No comments: