But I was just listening to Terri Gross (Fresh AIR). She was interviewing Syrian dissident Ammar Abdulhamid. It's an amazing interview with him He is a visiting fellow with the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution in Washington.
He was thrown out of the Syria last year. Interesting factoids about him:
His Mother was a Syrian Movie Star, his father a leading Syrian Director.
He went to school with Basar Ashad, current head honcho in Syria.
At any Rate, I ask you to do the following right now.
(If you're using Firefox, type CNTRL-T to open a new tab, then click HERE to open a tab into HIS BLOG.
OK. You're back? Great.
What I see:
- is Realistic enough to know that Israel will NOT withdraw into the sea.
- knows that Israel has a right to exist.
- knows that a culture that teaches its children to hate Israel more then they love their country is not "NORMAL"
- Understands that ECONOMIC reform is the key to POLITICAL reform.
- Understands that Hizbollah is NOT acting in the interests of either Lebanon or even Syria, but just for itself.
Please go visit this gentleman. is a radical, ex Iman, and seems to really know what "WE" need to do , in order to get the Mid-east under control!