OK. First, if you've never heard of Robert Moses (whom I call the "destroyer of NY") please look at this older post I wrote last year about him HERE:
To summarize (and plagerize myself [heh-heh]):
My position on Mr. Moses comes from the fact that a great deal of Mr. Moses's foibles caused a great deal of shame and problems for New York City, that remain to this day such as:
- Mr. Moses was a racist.
- Mr. Moses was an upper class slob.
- Mr. Moses was class conscious
Given this as a starting point, I contend the following*:
- The lack of public transportation in our tri-state (and even nationally), is a great shame.
- This lack of infrastructure (on a national scale) has damaged our environment, our
country, and even our competitive situation in the world.
- The fact that development in the nation has become auto (and truck) centric, has been a terrible tragedy willed on us by people such as Robert Moses.
(and 0f course corruption!):
- Urban Sprawl (unchecked development of office parks, malls, and strip malls) is killing NJ. We need a centralized (State-wide) plan. Exclusive development decisions must be removed from municipal authorities.
- Our method of administration (country-wide) and political service needs reformed.
- Similar to the tradition of military academies in our country, we need to establish political academies, and elevate the education and professionalism of our politicians. Hopefully, by making the education, and income of legislators level, we can elevate the profession of politician from political lackey to professionalism we expect from our military.
We need to make sure legislatiors cannot "Double-Dip", and have multiple positions, or multiple public pensions... (give the HIGHER of cost of salary or pension for a person), not both.
We need to start to enforce and arrest developers. We need to start to re-think development. NO More MALLS or strip malls. We need manufacturing again...
Sound interesting? It's a start... and I hope you listen...
*(see below this note for the footer on this message for my '10 step program' to rebuild our country.
Try my other blog also:
* What I call this Depression 2.0
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/rail/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.