Thursday, December 11, 2008

Google Update: 2008: Chrome (and google rehash)

OK: I ignored (until now) Chrome. Google's new browser, it's answer to Firefox.

But now I am also:
sharing a list of all my google posts
talking about Google.
Re-stating my long term predictions for Google.

1) Google posts:
http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=21826291&searchType=ALL&txtKeywords=&label=google

2) Long term Predictions about Google:
First What's come true:
a) A Google data center in a box (now marketed as a product by SUN)
A 40 foot Tractor trailer (can be stacked on top of each other), containing Thousands of servers.

b) A Phone (the G-phone) now available from T-mobile.

c) Purchase of rights to Thousands of "dark fiber" from other carriers.

NOW Short term predictions:

2.1 The Google PC: I see this as a $40 to $100 add-on that will essentially give google a, "yes, I agree to Google's ads (and content) being served to them.
2.2 The Google Ad contracts with the major networks. I predict this will allow them the rights to pre-empt national ads, and replace them for the networks and advertisers.
(example: A domino's commercial will run with your local location on screen, and a button to click to let you ordersomething online...)

Now:

Long term prediction:

They take the data centers, they take the fiber, they serve us commercials.
They then tell us we can use THEM as their ISP...

Game over. Everyone else go home!

----------
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.

No comments: