This blog is MINE. The other one is about the NEW-deal.
Thus, Sarah Palin and problems go HERE...not THERE!
1) The question of her Preggy Daughter.
Is it private (a family matter?) or a matter for the public:
Governor Palin is a public figure, and has been in the public spotlight (as mayor/commissioner/governor) for At LEAST 14 of the 17 years in Her daughter's life.
I will propose that FAMILY VALUES i.e., the discussion that PARENTs and CHILDREN should have about the facts of life (AKA the birds and the bees) talk with their children.
TO ME (at least), it is apparent that her daughter MISSED that talk, and I am wondering if she ever got one in the BUSY, rushed life that Governor Palin must lead with five children.
Hey We ALL have families. Kids, especially teen-agers almost NEVER listen to their parents, and this has been happening for several hundred years.
Grant her the right to wallow in her misery in private.
I feel a song coming on... Here's a start... (the times, are a changin)
Come on... All you preggy teens
and you teen-aged boys
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* We're HEADING into a DEPRESSION.
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.