A man on a Greyhound bus travelling across the Canadian Prairies was killed and decapitated by the guy sittng next to him...
An eyewitness said the victim was stabbed 50 or 60 times by the man sitting next to him, who then severed his head with a large knife.
The bus made an emergency stop to allow passengers to escape and the driver barred the door from the outside while waiting for the police to arrive.
"All of a sudden, we all heard this scream, this bloodcurdling scream," a passenger said.
The man calmly walked up to the front [of the bus] with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," the passenger said. "There was no rage in him ... It was just like he was a robot or something," he added.
This passenger said he and a truck driver helped the bus driver bar the bus door to prevent the attacker from leaving.
When the attacker tried to drive the bus away, the driver disabled the vehicle.
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes. (this is from my OTHER blog-- sos-newdeal.blogspot.com )
The background I believe that:
* We're HEADING into a DEPRESSION.
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.