Thursday, September 21, 2006

HumoR: Man bites Dog

Oops. That should be Man bites Panda

A 35 year old Chines tourist, drank four beers before deciding to enter the Beijing Zoo pen belonging to six-year-old male panda Gu Gu.

He told the Beijing Morning Post that he had come to the Chinese capital "only to see the pandas".
The newspaper said he had a "sudden urge" to touch Gu Gu with his hand, so he jumped over the waist-high railing into the enclosure.

"When he got closer and was discovered by the panda, he reached out to hug it," he was bitten first on his right leg, and then on his left.

Newspaper photographs showed him lying on a hospital bed with blood-soaked bandages over his legs.

The incident was crisply explained, as he told the Beijing Morning Post that he had come to the Chinese capital "only to see the pandas", but "the seven-hour train ride was exhausting, and I drank four beers when I arrived, and then had a nap," he added.

The man was bitten first on his right leg, and then on his left. He explained: "No one ever said they would bite people. I just wanted to touch it."

"I bit the panda on its back but its fur was too thick," He recalled.

A Zoo spokeswoman said the panda was unharmed and they were not considering punishing Mr Zhang yet. "He's suffered quite a bit of a shock," she told the reporter by telephone.

Don't believe me? THINK I can make this stuff up?? Here's the source

You can't MAKE this stuff up!





2 comments:

Kansas said...

You know, who hasn’t felt the overwhelming need to jump the zoo fence and grope a panda?

For me it’s the giraffes, but I’m just weird that way…

Mark Brown said...

and for me? I'd like to take that Tesla Roadster on the bottom of my home page, and just run my fingers over it.
That's as close as I'd get to it I bet!.

I will be going to the NY Auto Show next spring JUST to SIT in one for 10 minutes (all my budget will allow!)

mark