Easy Question: Why isn't there a 12-step program for Tobacco-Holics?
Easy Answer: The Tobacco Lobby.
Harder Question: Why is it most EX-smokers are the MOST obnoxious ANTI-Smoking advocates?
Answer: Because we're ALL still addicts (at least those of us that WILL admit it)
Hardest Question: Best way to Quit?
Hardest Answer: Only way to reliably quit
- How to quit smoking
- Cold Turkey. You Have to WANT it.
- Be aware you will ALWAYS still Crave a drag or bumming one. DON't
- Know that after one week of Agony, you will still have one or two weeks of PAIN
- Know that one month after you quit, you will start to SMELL smoke on other people. You are NOW safe.. If you can do it this far, you will be fine..
- After that ONE month, you will NEVER smoke again IF you remember next RULE!
- You will NEVER have a day when even the teeniest doubt about your sanity doesn't exist! BUT if you remeber it is an ADDICTION, just like drugs or alcohol (alcoholics anonymous exists, why not tobaccoHolics Anonymous? It will be with you for the rest of your life. YOU MAY not have day to day cravings, but if you go back to a bar, you NEED to resist the urge to just "bum" one smoke. It always starts there!
It's been 19 years since I've had my last drag on a cigarette. Not that I still don't crave one!