Arab/Palestinian hostility to Israel, (and I maintain; blatent anti-Semitic) behavior dates WAY back before the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948.
In 1929, arabs rioted, and killed (129(?*) jews), in a town called Hebron . Hebron is now in
what is called 'disputed territory'.
When this happened in the late 1800's and early 20th century, we called this a "POGROM".
This is NOT a question of simply continuing to exclude palestinians.
It is REALLY about the 1948 UN partition plan. Which was NEVER EVER accepted by ANY arab country.
UNTIL this peace plan (originally proposed in 1948--search my blog for 'mideast UN')
is ACCEPTED by all the MUSLIM AND arab countries there can be NO peace in the mid-east.
When the arab world FINALLY accepts the right of ISRAEL to exist as a country (as proposed in 1948) THEN we can continue on the road to peace.
Until then, it is only a PIECE that Israel wants; a piece of paper with a SIGNATURE on it, saying yes, we agree that there should be two states.
OH yes, I agree that there will be some problems.
1) getting arab/muslim acceptance will be tough.
2) Agreeing that there should be TWO states is a good start; but there will be more problems too!
3) Joint administration of Jerusalem? Jordan failed in 19 years of rule. Not one Jew was ever able to visit. Israel has shown that this will work, as we have been completely open.
4) LAND of the two states. I will leave this for another message, at another time, because JORDAN annexed 50% of the future state of PALESTINE, and will need to FINALLY give it back!!!
...pass it on...
* corrections welcomed on the exact number killed. This is from memory...
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* I call this Depression 2.0
* The current failures only bring us 25% into the problem!!
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.