Hail the Stupid, opinionated curmudgeon.
He claims it is Racial.
In reality, it is NOT Racial, it is STUPIDITY.
As a white, middle aged male, I tell my (white) teen-aged son (all the time!!!)
You absolutely must never question someone in authority. Police Officers, Teachers, and even social-workers and the like will always have power over you, even if you've just met them.I say to Professor Gates:
The day you open your mouth to a police officer and tell him , "but Officer", XYZ, you are leaving yourself WIDE open to get into trouble, which could be as small as a ticket, or as big as being shot to death for resisting arrest.
Yes, you are right. The history of racism in our country is horrific, and its effects still linger. BUT. As a middle aged (yes, white) man, I still (to this day) need to hold my tongue so that I don't "blow my cork"! (or in reality lose my temper...)
And it hurts to admit you're out of control. The indignity you suffered in your own home is totally inappropriate, and was totally wrong. But; your outburst was NOT in your own best interests.
So, in closing, You win a 'anger-management' award. Go make some popcorn and plug in the DVD again...(and a second time until you can watch it without reacting!)
I admit, it took me two viewings to NOT burst into angry comments while watching it...
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* I call this Depression 2.0
* The current failures only bring us 25% into the problem!!
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.