Tax health care benefits that are GREATER then the CONGRESSIONAL health
plan. I can live with this. But it is absolutely essential, that this needs to BE INDEXED against inflation from the beginning, to AVOID the example of the alternative minimum tax (AMT), and it's creep.
It is ABSOLUTELY imperative for a NEW public plan be allowed to be developed.
REMEMBER. SINCE 1950, the REPUBLICANS have KILLED Health care SIX TIMES
It's time for ALL THOSE "republicans with a gun" to shoot themselves in the foot, and then go
to the emergency room, and let themselves be made bankrupt because of the costs.
DID YOU KNOW that 78% of ALL bankruptcies in the United States have a root cause from Illnesses, uninsured, and even INSURED consumers.
Here's food for thought.
We absolutely need to use the EXISTING system to phase in this ONE single player
We can start by contracting with these companies, so they are aware it will be a time-
limited phased in plan.
Perhaps five years for the first part of the plan. That is, Aetna, and Met-Life, etc will ALL
start to enroll uninsured consumers into their large corporate plans. These companies will be told that they need to start to make these plans uniform, and similar.
Employers will get money back for some of the details changed.
WE MUST NOT let the lobbyists and REPUBLICANS torpedo HEALTH CARE again
See my other discussion about the financial industry in the other blog...
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* I call this Depression 2.0
* The current failures only bring us 25% into the problem!!
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.