What goes around Department:
What goes around, comes around....(AP/Via ABC) says
The Hacker's conference (BlackHat2008) in Las Vegas tells people:
That their 'show' network is NOT secure, and they should be prepared to be 'outed' if they don't PRACTICE SAFE COMPUTING...since the
public Wi-Fi network, always has widespread snooping on ANY traffic passing over it...
Three (french) journalists captured what they claimed were usernames and passwords of reporters from at least two different media outlets — eWeek and CNET News.
The eWeek reporter told organizers his login credentials looked like they were legitimate, while the CNET information appeared to be bogus.
Does it matter if they were legitimate or not?
Everyone attending the Black Hat convention is warned that the conference's public wireless network is being monitored by hackers.
People who send sensitive personal data over it are cautioned they might have that information posted on the Wall of Sheep, a forum to embarrass security professionals who don't follow proper security procedures themselves.
I like that. The Wall of Sheep. Can we have a local one too???
Black Hat organizers said the reporters were ONLY caught when they took their
purloinedS*T*O*L*E*N prized passwords to the Wall of Sheep workers and asked them to post the information.
(EMPHaSIS aDDed by MB)
The workers refused. When questioned, one of the French journalists said he was trying to "educate the press" about the importance of sending data securely, organizers said.
A staff attorney for the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), said his organization is investigating whether Black Hat organizers can take legal action against the French journalists. He said the breach may have even broken criminal laws.
The EFF is a civil liberties group focused on free speech and privacy on the Internet and often takes up journalists' legal cases.
HooLaLa... Wake up little suzie, we've gotta get home!
OK, you wanted a Political discussion: Here goes.
The background I believe that:
* We're HEADING into a DEPRESSION.
* It's going to be as BAD as the last one.
* According to Robert Reich (former Sec'y of Labor under Clinton): The only number that he EVER saw, defining the
depression was that the unemployment rate hovered around 25%.
* We need a new deal.
* After 58 years of NO Health Care Reform (since 1950!) it will FINALLY be coming soon...
* We've managed to WASTE a FULL generation (from Zero to thirty) with decaying social, educational, and interpersonal skills.
* Our nation is no longer DOING (producing) anything.
SO, from these few premises, I have extrapolated a great deal of items to FIX our society...
We need to make sure that a number of issues are resolved ALL at once.
If we don't do them ALL at once, its like juggling three RUNNING chain saws, but dropping one!
Here's what I came up with:
We need to do the FOLLOWING to FIX our Society:
* Create A Living Wage
* Create a National Single payer Healthcare
* Create a National 3-4 year draft (or alternate service)
* Create a Federally paid Day Care starting at six months
* Implement Tax Reform on the ULTRA Rich
* Lobbying (Political Reform)
* Infrastructure (road /bridge/Systems repairs)
* Lack of Training/futures
* Truth and Reconcilliation Commission
* A new "Manhattan" project, focusing on Energy INDEPENDENCE
See my other blog: http://sos-newdeal.blogspot.com for more details.