OK Here is a QUICK explanation in ENGLISH on what to do:
(Note I use firefox by default. So I had to find IE to run this.)
Quick explanation. this bug/exploit has to do with a RARELY used "thingie" called "VML"
1) See link above for full text.
2) Quick check to see if you are at RISK:
3) Open THIS LINK in IE.
If you see a clock, you are at risk. If you see NOTHING, you're fine!
4) If you see a clock, do the following:
- From Start Menu: Start/Run, end "CMD", then enter (dont enter quote marks)
- Copy/Paste (or type) the following into this "command" (cmd) window:
- regsvr32 /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\VGX\vgx.dll" Yes, Quotes ARE needed in above line!
- You should receive a response like this:
If you get this, close Internet Explorer, then restart it, and click on link above. You should then see NOTHING on the screen. That means you CAN't be infected with files with this Exploit