Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tech PoliticS: WHEN IS HACKing NOT hacking?

Data brokers invoke fifth Amemendment

WHEN is HACKING not HACKING?


Let's Rephrase the question...WHEN IS SOCIAL ENGINEERING NOT HACKING???



When you're a SCUM-bucket DATA BROKER who call it "pre-texting " instead.

Quoting the Story I heard on NPR yesterday...IF I called your Credit card company (VISA)and said I was you, and was about to go into a congressional hearing in 20 minutes, and I only had your SS#. (very easy to obtain) but told them I needed to get a list of my charges so I could review them before testifying, these SCUMBUCKETS could get the name of your bank, the account #, and an 800 # to call the bank;s customer service number

TO add insult to injury, the bastards CALL it PRETEXING.. I call this social ENGINEERING and it's A SHAME!!!!



COMPLAIN. YELL ABOUT iT. WRITE YOUR CONGRESS-person about
it.

This is not calling on a PRETEXT.

THIS IS SOCIAL ENGINEERING on a MAJOR SCALE!

see npr story here:

No comments: