Monday, May 15, 2006

Freedom NOW: ABC rpts Gov is NOW monitoring Journalists!

ABC News: Federal Government is Spying on Journalists' Phone Calls

Oh me oh My. Did we once have a DEMOCRACY in our country?
A senior federal law enforcement official tells ABC News the government is tracking the phone numbers we call in an effort to root out confidential sources.

“It’s time for you to get some new cell phones, quick,” the source told us in an in-person conversation.

ABC News does not know how the government determined who we are calling, or whether our phone records were provided to the government as part of the recently-disclosed NSA collection of domestic phone calls.

Other sources have told us that phone calls and contacts by reporters for ABC News, along with the New York Times and the Washington Post, are being examined as part of a widespread CIA leak investigation.


Especially Scary are the first two comments:
1) HA HA! YOUR FREEDOMS ARE GONE!!
WELCOME TO NEW CHINA!!



I say:

(apologies to the author, Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892-1984)bout the quiescence of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group.

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.


Now. Change Communist to TERRORISTS
Change Jews to Journalists
Change Trade Unionists to JEWS

And you have the BUSH administration (and the Future BUSH III White House (may heaven have mercy on us, and prevent this, even if it requires Mr. Bush to become ill, to avoid it!)

No comments: